Chocolate Dipped Pineapple
By Daniella Silver — http://daniellasilvercooks.com/
Pareve, Passover, gluten-free
yields 8-10 servings
1 (14 oz/400 g) bar semisweet chocolate, broken into chunks
1 peeled, cored pineapple, cut into ½ inch thick rings, patted dry
½ cup shredded coconut
½ cup slivered or sliced almonds
½ cup candy sprinkles
1. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Pour about 1 inch of water into a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
3. Place chocolate into a large, dry, heatproof bowl wider than the saucepan. Place bowl over simmering water. Melt chocolate, stirring often. Cool slightly.
4. Dip half of each pineapple ring into melted chocolate, allowing excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl.
5. Arrange pineapple in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with topping of choice.
6. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes, until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Stays fresh for 1 day.