BY JACQUELINE ELBAZ — STUFFFFED
These are a great freezer item! This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled!
1-2 medium eggplants
Marinara/tomato sauce (I use Paesana)
8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Thinly slice the eggplants into round circles.
2. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
3. Place the eggplant slices in a strainer, and sprinkle with salt. Let them stand for 10 minutes (this trick takes the bitterness out of the eggplant).
4. Place the eggplant on paper towels to drain.
5. Place the eggplant slices on cooking-sprayed parchment, and then roast for 15 minutes.
6. Take them out of the oven.
7. Place about 1 tsp marinara sauce onto each eggplant round, then a handful of cheese, fresh basil and a sprinkle of garlic powder.
8. Bake for another 15-18 minutes, until cheese is melted.