Lotus Butter Cookie Bars
Pareve — Yields 12 bars — Freezer friendly
I developed this recipe for one of my Kosher.com videos. Throughout my travels, people have stopped me to let me know how much they love it.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup canola oil
1 large egg
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 (13.4-ounce) jar Lotus Biscoff Crunchy Cookie Butter
10 Lotus biscuits, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 1 (9 x 13-inch) pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine flour, sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla in a medium bowl to form a dough. The dough should be a little crumbly.
3. Spread and pat down about ¾ of the dough into the prepared pan, saving the remaining dough for the topping. The dough layer should be ¼-inch thick and firm.
4. Transfer cookie butter to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds to soften the butter. Alternatively, open the jar, remove foil seal, and microwave right in the jar.
5. Spread softened cookie butter over the dough. Sprinkle the remaining crumbled dough and crushed Lotus biscuits all over the cookie butter.
6. Bake for 30 minutes.
7. Cool slightly and then cut into squares or bars.
If you prefer the texture, you can use the Biscoff Smooth Cookie Butter instead.