Raspberry London Broil
BY DANIELLA SILVER — HTTP://DANIELLASILVERCOOKS.COM/
Meat, Passover, gluten-free, freezes well
yields 6 servings
1 London broil (about 2 lb/1.8 kg)
1 tsp kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp dried thyme
2 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 tsp)
⅔ cup raspberry jam
⅔ cup barbecue sauce
1 tsp lemon juice (preferably fresh)
1. Sprinkle meat with salt, pepper, thyme, and garlic. Rub to coat on all sides.
2. Preheat broiler or grill. If broiling, spray broiling rack with nonstick spray, and line bottom tray with foil.
3. Broil or grill for 8-10 minutes per side or until meat reaches desired doneness. (For medium, cook to 145°F.)
4. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine jam, barbecue sauce, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring once or twice.
5. Let meat rest for 5 minutes. Slice against the grain, on the diagonal, into thin slices.
6. Transfer to a serving platter. Pour heated sauce over meat.