Salad-Topped Salami Pizza
Meat — Yields 6 servings
Meat pizzas have become popular, so when I had pizza dough and leftover salami in my fridge, I created this salami pizza.
1 batch of pizza dough
½ cup barbecue sauce
½ cup mayonnaise
1 (14-16 oz) salami, thinly sliced
½ red onion, sliced (reserve the rest for the salad below, if desired)
3 cups arugula
½ pint cherry tomatoes, halved
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp mustard
½ tsp kosher salt
1 clove garlic, minced
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. If not using a pizza stone, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Roll pizza dough into a 12-15 inch circle or rectangle. Transfer to a pizza stone or prepared baking sheet.
3. In a small bowl, mix together barbecue sauce and mayonnaise. Spread about half the mixture in a thin layer on the rolled-out pizza dough, reserving the remainder for the topping.
4. Top pizza with slices of salami and onion, distributing both evenly.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes, until the edges of the crust are starting to brown.
6. Meanwhile, prepare the salad: Place arugula and cherry tomatoes into a medium bowl. Add remaining red onion, if desired.
7. Whisk together oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and garlic until combined.
8. Just before serving, add desired amount of dressing to the bowl and toss to coat.
9. Spread salad over hot pizza. Drizzle with reserved barbecue sauce mixture.