Sweet Potato and Squash Soup
BY DANIELLA SILVER — HTTP://DANIELLASILVERCOOKS.COM/
Pareve, Passover, gluten-free, freezes well
yields 8 servings
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, diced
1 butternut squash (about 3 lb/1.4 kg), peeled and cut into chunks
3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
3 Tbsp honey
2 tsp kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
6 cups water or vegetable broth
1 tsp minced fresh thyme leaves
Additional thyme leaves, for garnish
1. Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes or until softened.
2. Stir in squash, sweet potatoes, honey, salt, pepper, and water. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat. Simmer, partially covered, for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir occasionally.
4. Add thyme. Remove soup from heat. Cool slightly.
5. Using an immersion blender, process soup until smooth. If soup is too thick, add a little water or broth. Adjust seasonings to taste. Garnish with thyme.